It doesn’t get much better than a triple chocolate brownie. Unless you’re talking about a triple chocolate brownie accented with luscious strawberry jam. Make a batch, share them with your family, and then make another. Trust us, you’ll need more.
Triple Chocolate Brownies with Strawberry Jam Swirl
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking bar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 ounces Strawberry Jam with Aged Balsamic by Copper Pan Jams
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate together in a double boiler until the mixture is melted and smooth. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can put a heat safe glass bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Fold the melted chocolate into the egg mixture thoroughly.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the chocolate-egg mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth out if needed. Add the strawberry jam in dollops over the top, then swirl it into the brownie batter with a knife.
- Bake the brownies for 33-35 minutes. Test the brownies with a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle- it should come out with only a bit of crumbs on it.
- Let the brownies cool completely before serving, if you can wait that long!
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 12 squares